POST-SETTLEMENT “DEFECT” LIABILITY PERIOD
During the initial 3-month defect liability stage, Lefand can be engaged to carry out Project Management services to assist in the management and rectification of defects by arranging and coordinating the attendance of the builders’ preferred trades in conjunction with the builder/developer.
The project manager will carry out the following duties:
- Receive notifications from owners regarding their defects;
- Log and record the defects;
- Notify the builder/developer;
- Arrange for attendance by the appropriate tradesman in a prioritised, structured and cost-efficient manner;
- Follow up and close off the initially raised defect.
To efficiently manage such operations of the site, Lefand proudly uses Buildinglink. This is a Web-based system that manages all day-to-day communications, record keeping, and task tracking between occupants, building staff, and property managers in residential buildings. The program runs on secure web servers, so users can access their property’s data and authorized functions from anywhere in the world – using only a web browser, their login name, and password.
By integrating the system before the First AGM, it takes all the hard work and hassle out of the management of pre and post settlement stages in the logging and recording of owners information, lot details and any defects to avoid any potential disputes.
This collation of information gives the developer:
- Peace of mind by allowing management on its behalf to record, list, track and follow up on repairs in an easy interactive portal; and
- A secure place for retaining and storing this and any other information relating to the apartment/common property for tracking & future reference.
We understand Developers and Builders may prefer to use other forms of document management for this service requirement and we are more than happy to utilize this or any other form of management tool used by their team.