BUILDING / FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Lefand leads the way in providing exceptional Building Management solutions to its clients who are seeking a more professional and personal approach to the demands of the ever increasing and sophisticated market place.
In an industry that is currently undergoing massive growth, we recognise the need to provide services that caters for, meets and exceeds the needs of the clients, without compromising on quality of service.
Our Building Managers are “the face” of the properties they maintain, therefore, appearance, a professional attitude and attention to detail across all our buildings are crucial for our success. Our Building Managers in general, carry out the Owners Corporation’s duties in connection with the management of the Common Property as defined under the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 (The Act) and outlined in Survey Plans. We assist the Owners Corporation to fulfill an important requirement in The Act being: “An Owners Corporation must properly maintain and keep in a state of good and serviceable repair the common property and any personal property vested in the Owners Corporation.”
Lefand continually invests in training and supporting its managers to ensure they are up to date with the latest legislation, WHS and industry requirements. They go above and beyond the basics of site management and requirements of the Act to ensure residents enjoy a vibrant and comfortably managed living environment, through the tenure of reliable, quality consistent service and direct hands on management.
Some of the key areas of service and responsibility of the manager are as follows:
- Common Property management and supervision. Managers will familiarise themselves with the building site plans, common property and by-laws.
- Attend to manage and address notifications from residents, owners, agents etc. in relation to maintenance issues in and around the property and act by appointing the appropriate contractors to attend and rectify.
- Supervision of agents and contractors of the Owners Corporation. Managers will ensure any attending trades, agents etc. respect the site to carry out their assigned tasks and are signed in & out.
- Monitoring the observance of the building By-laws and rules. Managers will be proactive in noting issues or breaches then acting and/or advising the parties or escalating on-going issues to the Strata Managing Agent or Strata Committee.
- Advise the Strata Committee and/or Strata Managing Agent on items requiring attention on Common Property.
- Maintain and renew maintenance contracts. That where appropriate, maintenance contracts are in place for Owners Corporation assets such as lifts, pumps, garage doors, fire systems, etc and that the contracts are being fulfilled, renewed and kept up to date.